Your license is important to you, and when ICBC wants to take it away, the consequences can be dire. Sarah understands this. She has been defending peoples driving privileges since 2010. She knows what to say and how to say it to maximize your chance of keeping your license. 

Sarah will fight for your ability to drive. She will provide you with the special care and attention that your case requires. Sarah approaches each case in an individual manner. There is no “one-size-fits-all” routine here. Sarah will take the time to interview you and customize her submissions to perfectly suit your unique circumstances. Sarah knows that a personal touch is important. 




From my clients


“Very professional and highly knowledgeable. Quick to react to request and make you feel like a top priority. I was referred by a friend and very thankful for it. I would highly recommend her services.”


“Great lawyer! She helped me to get back my license. I am happy happy, thank you!!”




Sarah personally handles her clients’ cases from beginning to end in order to make the best and most thorough arguments in order to get your license back. In addition to her work as a lawyer, Sarah is a professional writer and regularly contributor to a number of reputable publications including The Huffington Post. She has the skills and expertise needed to successfully defend your case.




Why is RoadSafetyBC trying to prohibit my license?

RoadSafetyBC can prohibit drivers for a number of reasons. However, the most common reason is for public safety concerns due to an unsatisfactory driving record under s. 93(1)(a)(ii) of the Motor Vehicle Act


Is there a difference between a Notice of Intent to Prohibit letter and a Notice of Prohibition letter?

Yes. You should receive a Notice of Intent to Prohibit letter prior to receiving a Notice of Prohibition. However, this is not always the case. If all goes the way it should, the Notice of Intent to Prohibit letter puts you on notice that RoadSafetyBC intends to take your license away for a particular period of time. It then gives you an opportunity to dispute your prohibition if you wish to do so. If you do not dispute your prohibition, then a Notice of Prohibition letter will follow in the mail. 


What can I do if I get a Notice of Intent to Prohibit letter?

You have two options. The first option is to acknowledge the prohibition and start serving it. You can do this by signing the Notice of Intent letter itself and returning it, along with your driver’s license, to RoadSafetyBC. If you do this, then you are prohibited from driving and cannot operate a motor vehicle for the term indicated in the letter. The second option is to request a review of your proposed driving prohibition. If you wish to do this, you must act within 21 days of the date on the letter. 


I want to dispute my prohibition, what do I do next?

You need to make written submissions within 21 days of the date on your Notice of Intent to Prohibit letter. These submissions must be sent to RoadSafetyBC, along with a $100.00 certified cheque or money order. However, it would be wise to talk to a lawyer before proceeding. 


Can I keep driving while my prohibition is in dispute?

So long as you are able to get your submissions in within the 21 day timeline period to do so, you can continue driving until you receive a response from RoadSafetyBC.


What will the response from RoadSafetyBC say?

Each response from RoadSafetyBC is crafted on a case-by-case basis. An adjudicator at RoadSafetyBC will review your file and your submissions. They will make a determination about whether or not they should impose the prohibition as proposed in your Notice of Intent to Prohibit letter. The adjudicator will consider a number of factors in deciding what to do, including the hardship that you will suffer as well as the public interest in prohibiting you from driving. The adjudicator has the ability to revoke the prohibition altogether or to reduce it to a more manageable period of time. The adjudicator may also decide to impose the prohibition as originally contemplated.


I disputed my prohibition and lost. Is there anything else I can do?

You still have options, but you need to act quickly. You should speak to a lawyer about them right away.


What can I do if I get a Notice of Prohibition letter?

You can still dispute the prohibition, but there are some limits to doing so. You should speak to a lawyer right away to learn more.


If I ignore my prohibition, will it just go away?

No. Ignoring your prohibition is never a good idea. If you do not acknowledge your prohibition, you risk being stopped by a police officer and served with it in person. If this occurs, your vehicle could be towed and you could incur significant additional expense. 


How can a lawyer help me dispute my prohibition?

A lawyer knows what to say and how to approach your case in order to maximize your chance to success on review. A lawyer can represent you on review and craft submissions on your behalf. A lawyer can also provide you with valuable advice about how to best represent yourself.